Name:
Location: Stanford, California, United States

Friday, March 31, 2006

New Journal

Thus begins my new journal. I've given up my previous one, a neatly bound, heavy blue thing, for this. My claim is that I type faster than I write, that maybe even posting my things online makes my writing viewable--a sort of "unopened letter to a world that never shall reply" sort of thing. Since I feel so Emily Dickinson-esque and all. But that's not really my reason. It's just too hard, as I am so lazy, to take with me and bring back such a big thing, having it susceptible to be read and to be lost. The irony, I kind of like the idea of keeping this online journal because I like the thought of having my words read. However my words are like scribbles and devoid of talent or thought all together.

Many things will be figments of the imagination, with no basis in my reality or this world at all. Many things will be reflections, others, things that I want to keep in mind--to store away somewhere forever, to be pulled up again later.

So bear with me.

I have no idea how this will turn out, or how long it will last. I purely aim to make my thoughts tangible and even to improve my writing, since I've felt it slipping out of my fingertips ever since I stepped out of Dr. Whatley's English class last year. Ever since, I've said goodbye to creative writing and any sort of creative thought and turned to writing crappy PWR and IHUM papers for Stanford teaching fellows. How drab. So this is my last stab at maintaining sanity and making a decision on a future in writing.

Here we go.








The Journal of Winnie

meant for her eyes (and eyes of those most trusted) only








started on the last day of March '06
Vivemus, Amemus
-Catullus
"Let us live, and let us love" Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home